The Great Gasp

That was all I could do, gasp, when I heard on the radio the other morning that Baz Luhrmann is doing a "reboot" (I really, really hate that word- call it a remake) of The Great Gatsby in 3-D. There are rumors that Leondardo DiCaprio, Carrie Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, and Ben Affleck will star, who I think make up a great cast- if they were doing a different movie.

My first issue is that it's going to be in 3-D, a gimmick that annoys me to no end, and not just because of the lame glasses that always hurt my ears. My second is that Luhrmann is known for his over top directing style- look at Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge. Neither of these movies are horrible, but I just don't think his standard flashy, gaudy treatment is appropriate for Gatsby. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and please don't let it be a musical.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS