Three Truths and Lie

Have you ever played the game "Three Truths and a Lie?" It's an icebreaker that we did at one of the schools I student taught at, which seems like a million years ago. For example, say mine were:

1. I've gone whitewater rafting on the Colorado River.
2. I once ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting.
3. I worried so much I was tested for an ulcer in kindergarten.
4. I flipped off coworker on accident for running a stop sign.

So, which is the lie?

My recent Amazon order feels like this game. Here's what I ordered:

1. Voice Lessons by Nancy Dean
2. 5 Steps to a 5 by Barbara Murphy and Estelle Rankin
3. They Say I Say by Gerald Graff and Kathy Birkenstein
4. Composition No 1 by Marc Saporta

One of those is definitely not a work book, which is all I'm supposed to be buying. They all sound like work books, though. So which is the "lie?"

If you read my blog regularly you'd know that Composition No 1 is; it's the "book in a box" that I got carried away with a few weeks ago. The first is about diction, voice and grammar, the second test prep, and then the third teaching writing. Yeah, you know you're jealous. The fourth book also seems like a bit of a lie because while my excitement is definitely at high levels for it right now, I know it won't be read for approximately twenty-seven months.

Oh, and the lie? Number 1... for now! What are your three truths and a lie? Entertain me... I need it today!

1 comment:

  1. So that was YOU who flipped me off on the way to work? YOU BITCH! I kid.

    1. One of my two front teeth is a fake.
    2. I was in a minor car accident in college but was able to completely cover up the damages without my parents ever finding out.
    3. I've been engaged once before.
    4. I've been to Paris twice before the age of 12.

    You'll have to buy me a cupcake to find out which one is a lie. MUAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS