Weekend of Books

It's been a bookish weekend spent...

Plowing through The Hunger Games trilogy (1/2 way done). I'm not going through them fast because I'm in love, nor am I trying rush because I hate them. I still have mixed feel
ings that will absolutely be self-analyzed when I'm done.

Working on my marathon training plan (and getting in some mileage based on it) thanks to the Hal Higdon guide I talked about last week.

Creating a Julius Caesar final for my two sophomore classes. I absolutely adore finals week- two days spent reviewing and then three days of testing. The kids kiss butt like crazy trying to pass their classes ("Umm, I know I haven't been to your class much this semester, but do you think there's anyway I can still pass? I promise I'll come every day from now on and do all my work...") and three of five days are minimum for the kids. Not to mention the fact that it's followed up with three weeks of break.


'Tis the season... for giving books as presents! My family up in Modesto is getting a cool (according to me) present based on books. That's all I can say.

Reading end of the year book lists. I love seeing what I'
ve read already and adding new ones to my wish-list. Recently I've discovered Barbarian Nurseries by Hector Tobar and The Hottest Dishes of the Tartar Cuisine by Alina Bronsky.

Going to Barnes and Nobles and spotting this gem
:

Want this book I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS