So I Had a Baby...



Sawyer Benjamin [last name] was born on April 25th at 7:33 am. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces and was 19 inches long. 

The delivery wasn't exactly a walk in the park, but could have been a million times worse, so I'm thankful for the experience I had. The hospital was fairly dumpy, but our nurses were fantastic. 

We're back at home adjusting now. He's a pretty mellow kid, but isn't a fan of nighttime sleeping, as to be expected. The dogs are getting used to the hairless little puppy- Cordie loves him, but Chomsky is a little depressed. My husband has been nothing short of awesome and our "no visitors for the first two days" policy was both respected and exactly what we needed. 

I've read a few pages here and there (Lolita for me, Corduroy for Sawyer) and promise not to neglect things here (too much). I'll be back with Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts in a few days and my normal monthly reviews.

21 comments:

  1. Christine, congratulations :) I'm mostly a silent viewer but I have been following you for awhile and just had to pop on when I seen this post! So glad to hear that you and Sawyer are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Glad to hear you & baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! For some reason, reading his made me think of the old commercial "Wehadababy Itsaboy." I'll just stand over here laughing to myself now.

    I was wondering if you were going to end up with a Cinco de Mayo baby, but I guess not. I'm happy to see that he's doing well (and that you gave him a fantastic name!) and all is good in the Bookishly Boisterous 'hood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again Christine! Glad to hear that you are all doing well and I love the name you guys gave him :) Also glad to hear that the "no visitors"policy that you wanted has been holding up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Glad to hear you are both doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm so happy for y'all! Happy baby-moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! And April 25th is the perfect date! "Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket." (Sorry, I had to...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU HAVE A BABY!!! I was just wondering about that this past weekend (yes okay I'm weird). He has the cutest profile and the BEST NAME. Congrats. And all of the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! Love his name and I'm glad you got the time with just you three like you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What a great name :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations again! I'm so excited to meet him. Soon enough we will have play dates with our boys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huzzah! Gorgeous. Gorgeous name. Enjoy every precious moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Christine! Sawyer is absolutely gorgeous. And I love the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a bit late b/c I've been MIA from the blogosphere world, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hope you're all doing well :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS