Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

As always, hello, welcome, thank you for playing, link up below, tell your friends, link back (por favor).

1. Halloween came and went- Sawyer was an adorable Han Solo, Cordie was was Princess Leia, and Chomsky was Chewbacca.



2. As Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks approach I always have to decide how much work to give my students for homework. I can go three routes: 1) give them a ton- they're in an advanced class and should be held accountable for a tough work load. Survival of the fittest! 2) none- that way I don't have to be harsh to those that don't do the assignments and it means nothing for me to grade, or 3) somewhere in between. We'll see how good they are. I'm like God Santa.

3. I was at a wedding last weekend and the place was absolutely beautiful- the grounds were amazing. My personal favorite was the enormous tree the ceremony was held under. It gets better- there were two swings attached to the branches. Damn my need to look pretty and wear a dress! I was so jealous of the kids (and grown men, later in the evening) playing on it.

[they're in the fancy yellow circles- trust me]


4. I also wore red lipstick for the first time ever to the wedding. I had no idea how high maintenance it is. No thanks. Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers for life.

5. I've been reading a lot more than usual. I'm taking a tiny break from I am Radar in order to get for a few things for work. I just finished Their Eyes Were Watching God and am almost done with Animal Farm. I'm on a roll. 

6. I found my Listography book yesterday that only has like five lists done. Oops. I've also totally slacked off on my Question a Day (or whatever it's called) book since having Sawyer. Every night when I go to bed I just want to sleeeeeeeeep. I am sad that I've neglected it, though, and aim to get back on the train by the end of the year.

7. I pretty much love all baby hoodies with various ears and scales attached. 

[baby dinosaur!]
 
8. Another wedding afterthought. The day after I said to my husband, "I love weddings because that's the happiest a husband and wife will ever be in their marriage." Ouch. Cynical, much? But I still stand by it. There so much enthusiasm, love, and optimism on one's wedding day. You're in it together. You're a team. You'll help each other out and be each other's best friend. And so on and so forth. I'm not saying that the decline is rapid, and that it can't stay at some sort of plateau for years and years, but I think for most couples the wedding day is this moment of unbridled happiness and hope that's hard to completely ever get back. Maybe this is why I want to be a wedding planner in my next life.

9. There is a campus supervisor at our school who writes in a notebook all the time, when he's on duty between classes. It's so intriguing! What is he writing? Poetry? Songs? A novel? Observations? I'd never ask, and I'm pretty sure knowing would ruin everything.

10. I'm fascinated with the new workout craze Piyo, a program by the Beach Body cult. It's yoga and pilates rolled into one: get it? Pi-yo? Original. Nonetheless, it's shorter workouts with a focus on flexibility and strength training, without much impact. It sounds perfect, but it's pricey, and I haven't done the extensive research I always do before buying anything more than $15.

[I hate her already]


6 comments:

  1. I've been to 3 weddings this year and I feel the same way. I happy cry for them and whisper wishes to them that they don't kill each other after this. Advice for the couple? Get out. lol kidding. Marriage is hard work.

    That piyo girl.... I listen to her podcasts in the morning. She is super upbeat and board line annoying. It keeps me going through the traffic though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I loved our wedding day, but we were definitely happier on our honeymoon. ;)

    Yay for reading more! I love Animal Farm. It's easy but deep. (I feel that last sentence is a total 'that's what she said.') I need to get back to my reading more. I've been slacking! I'm hoping to finish my current book this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am to totally curious about piyo...I love yoga but hate some aspects of it, so it might be worth a shot. It is a bit pricey though, yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm living under a rock...haven't heard of Piyo. I shy away from costly exercise plans or shake meals because I feel like they're too good to be true...though I'm so frustrated w/my weight, I'm starting to think I need to do a shake thing. Ugh. Desperate times all for desperate measures. :) I bailed on reading last night in exchange for surfing Pinterest...dangerous. I sometimes work weddings w/my photog friend and being around them all the time is annoying...maybe because I'm comparing my wedding to theirs...I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to a wedding in ages! I do love those champagne receptions, though...

    The stories of my wedding(s) are for another day...LOL

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS