What the Hell?



I bought a toaster a few months ago and the center heating element went out recently and now my toast and waffles only toast on one side, meaning I have to flip them over and double the cooking time. It wasn't as if it was expensive, but I've past the return date, and it just irritates me to no end. I should not have to flip my waffles over. 

This quote makes no sense. I cannot walk to Hawaii. I cannot walk to Australia.




My kid has had a fever almost continuously since Thursday. Motrin and Tylenol bring it down some, but not entirely. I stayed home and took him to the doctor on Friday and they said it was a virus. Fair enough. Yesterday we were still fighting the fever and he looked like death warmed over. At one point he got the chills so bad that his lips turned blue while drinking something cold. I took him to urgent care and they said he was getting double ear infections, so we're home again today. I hate missing class again, but I don't want to be away from my sick little guy. So, basically, I feel like an asshole no matter what. Also, I know he could be so much worse, so I'm thankful it's something easily treatable. But it's still crappy for everyone. 

Last Thursday I put together my new, very comfortable chaise lounge for the backyard but haven't been able to use it yet. We were in the 70s-90s, but today it's rainy and the high won't even by 60. 

I ordered an external battery for my phone last week, since one day I freaked out because the original was draining incredibly quickly (turned out it was just a bad reception day and it was looking for a signal too vigorously). The damn thing came and won't work so now I have to return it. 

Obviously, none of these things aren't exactly signs of the apocalypse. And there is plenty of good on the horizon- my mom is coming Friday, we have a fun outing planned to San Juan Capistrano on Saturday (as long as the rain stays away), I'm loving The Monster of Templeton by Lauren Groff, there are two bags of my favorite Easter candy in the pantry, Trader Joe's still had daffodils for less than $2 a bunch when I was there yesterday, and a package from Anthro should be arriving on my doorstep today. But what can I say? It's just...  Monday. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor little guy -- I hope Sawyer is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, great post :) Hope your little one recovers quickly, ear infections are the worst!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS