Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[just using up Yosemite pictures...]


Hey there! Link up and link back! 

1. I jumped on board the S-Town train- I'm only one in but I'm hooked.

2. I am also listening to Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty and I am finding it a little bit annoying. Everything is always so drawn out with her... But she is super easy to listen to while driving, so I can't complain too much, I guess.

3. I am reading Kevin Wilson's newest, Perfect Little World, about a group of ten families that take part in a research study on collective child rearing. It's good, but it's also sort of bothering me, in a way. I think a lot of that comes from the fact I have a small child of my own and can't imagine him calling someone else mom, but still, it's good.

4. It's starting to warm up outside, meaning I will soon have to go to Costco for my annual pool float and towel. For once, dealing with the masses who don't understand how to properly maneuver shopping carts will be worth it.

5. Last night I read The Book with No Pictures by BJ Novak to Sawyer and he is clearly old enough to now appreciate it. He giggled and giggled and giggled. It was the cutest.

6. I made the Tater Tot Breakfast Skillet from How Sweet It Is last night and it was excellent. I subbed sausage for bacon, left out the peppers, and used sharp cheddar instead of white, though. It will definitely be happening again.

7. Today on Facebook a picture of the surprise book-themed baby shower my friends put on for me popped up as a memory from three years ago. That was such a happy memory [insert smiley emoji]. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of collective child rearing, but I think it would be interesting to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to 3 episodes of S-Town and gave up...I'll be anxious to hear if you stick with it. I have Perfect Little World on my nightstand (amongst many others of course)...and hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS