Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[I made this, not a first grader]


Hey! Link up! Link back! Say hi. Give me music suggestions. 

1. I know parenting is something everyone has an opinion about, but unless you have your own kid that you have had to wake up with in the middle of the night, take to the doctor while sick, or worry about their college fund for, I don't want your opinion. I've been to the zoo lots of times and read books about monkeys, but I'm not going to tell a zookeeper how to take care of his little primate. 

2. I'm going to try the Unicorn Frap from Starbucks tomorrow even though it has no caffeine and will probably taste like a cross between jolly ranchers and skittles (I hate both). It's just so pretty....

3. I finished A Man Called Ove and thought it was sweet without being corny and was a nice break between some of the serious books I've been reading lately.

4. I am now currently reading My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout and really love it so far. 

5. Do yourself a favor and next time you make tomato sauce add 6-8 ounces of mascarpone cheese. 

6. I will never own a yacht, nor do I want to, but I love the articles about the huge ginormous ones that are made. You know, the ones that cost so much they could probably feed a third-world country? Those. 

7. I don't know if I've talked about this here before, but my goal is to live until I am 100 (as long as I am able to basically care for myself). That means I am basically 1/3 of the way through my life right now, since I am 33 and some change. I realized this the other day and I found it to be a sort of comforting thought. I am fairly pleased with the way things have gone so far, so we're one for three in the "life not sucking" category. *gets hit by a car tomorrow*

8. I am trying to cut back a tiny bit on Diet Coke (just maybe one less a day) and I recently found Crystal Lite with caffeine! I know it's not exactly the healthiest, but it is better than soda, so I'll take it.

9. Easter was so much fun (and seems like so long ago, already). We dyed eggs, made a bunny cake, did Easter baskets, had brunch with family, and hung out. 

10. My students are on day six of state testing in my class- I cannot wait for it to be over. CANNOT WAIT. They're going to appreciate Antigone, which we start on Friday, so much more now after sitting in front of laptops answering questions about expository text each day. I actually think they're all handling it better than I am. 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed A Man Called Ove....and have another book by the author that I haven't yet read (My Grandmother...).

    I love Easter brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes yes yes. I couldn't agree with number 1 more! I am a mom of 5 little monsters and I am constantly getting advice from family, random people at the grocery store.. ugh. It's so frustrating! Like.. I have kept 5 of them alive and happy this long, please don't patronize me! hahah Great post <3
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you on the parenting deal. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS