Current Beauty Products I'm Loving

Book lovers can also be lovers of beauty products, okay? 

Over the past few months I've added a few products to my arsenal that I thought I'd share. I always love hearing what other people think, especially of pricier ones, before I buy. So here ya go.



Josie Maran Argan Oil
I got this as a sample from Sephora and quickly replenished my supply as soon as it ran out. I love love love this stuff. I use it as a moisturizer in the morning right now, but since it's sunnier lately I am probably going to switch it to nighttime and go back to my moisturizer with SPF soon (actually I just checked and they make a Josie Maran lightweight lotion with SPF and Argan Oil, so I will be buying it super soon). OI love how this oil brightens my complexion, moisturizes, and also serves as a primer for my makeup.



Laura Mercier Candlelight Illuminating Powder
This product is lightweight, but a little bit goes a long way. And it also leaves just a hint of glowing shimmer, so you don't have to worry about a super-matte finish. On days where I am just running errands or quickly meeting up for coffee with a friend I can get by with the argan oil, blush, and this instead of doing foundation.

Ulta Mineral Blush in Tiger Lily
This shade is somewhere between a pink and an orangey-sort-of-beige-ish color (--> why I am not a beauty blogger) that matches pretty much anything. Plus it's less than ten bucks!

Nexxus Comb Thru Finishing Mist
I always struggle to find a good hairspray for curls, and this one has been great. It has decent hold but it also allows movement.



Trader Joe's Head to Toe Balm 
I have really, really dry skin and my hands feel the brunt of it from hand washing. I picked up this tin at Trader Joe's and love it. It's great for hands, excessively wiped noses, feet, and even for annoying baby hairs. 



Redkin Color Extend Rich Recovery
I color and highlight my hair four or so times a year, spend a lot of time in the son, blow dry once or twice a week, and use various irons almost every other day (well, when I'm working). I know I could do worse, but I could better. This heavy-duty conditioner is awesome and makes me hair feel so much smoother. The only inconvenient part is that you're supposed to use it on towel-dried hair, let it sit, and then rinse it out. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I had read this before I went to Trader Joe's! I have such dry skin too, even when I was in Florida, my hands were still a bit dry!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS