Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Hey folks! Link up! Link back! Say hey!

1. How was your Christmas? Good? Ready for the holiday to be over or sad to see it go? I'm a little of both- I loved the excitement of it with my son, but I just want to get through Target and the grocery store without losing my mind.

2. I'm heading North for my Mom's last-minute city hall wedding this week. WHAT? It's a long story, sort of, but I'm actually excited to see all of my siblings and enjoy the hotel life for a few days. I am not excited for what turns into a seven hour trip with a three-year-old, but he usually does okay, so fingers crossed.

3. I downloaded The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine to listen to, Reese Witherspoon's latest book club book. I like to listen to easy mysteries when I drive, so this one seems perfect. 

4. A recent conversation between my husband and I:
Me: I have a conundrum
Scott[raises eyebrows]: Do you really?
Me: It doesn't involve cereal.

5. So, the other day I went into our upstairs bathroom and there was some definite evidence of the toilet leaking at the base. Water damage upstairs is one of the biggest fears as a homeowner, so I sent my wonderful plumber a panicked text. He called me within seconds and as we got to talking I realized that said "water leak" was actually probably the result of my horrible job taking Sawyer to the bathroom the previous night in the dark at 4:30 am. I cleaned up everything and dried it out and we've had no trouble since, so fingers crossed. Three days later and everything is dry.  

6. Why do one's beauty products always run out at the exact same time? Especially when one really wants to buckle down on her finances next month?

7. I just finished The Glass Castle the other day and I loved it! It was a painful read, though, but it will nonetheless be a contender on my yearly top-ten list. Now I need to see the movie. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Last Mrs. Parrish...I read, rather than listened, though. I still can't imagine listening to a book for hours. But that's just me. Maybe on a road trip.

    I am dreading putting the Christmas decorations away. One year, I left them up way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t listen to books either...or at least I think I can’t...the one time I tried I fell asleep! Have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS