Recent Beauty Product Loves

[little Christine, learning early]

Yup! It's that time again when I rave about my most recent and favorite beauty products. Book lovers like to feel pretty too, okay? 

Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum- I noticed a few sun spots over the summer and within a week they had faded dramatically with this serum. I bought the bottle in July and have been using it 5 or so times a week and I have a month or two left, so it lasts a long time. It’s amazing- I can’t say enough good things about it, seriously.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel- I love this lightweight moisturizer that I put on before my makeup in the morning. I'm not sure if it will do the job as well in the dry, colder months, so I might have to switch it out for awhile, but the other nine months of the year it's great. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo- I generally use this product on the second day of a curl or flat-iron style when I need to add some body and texture. I do use it on days where maybe I’ve gone one day too many without washing, too, when I just plan on throwing it in a ponytail or bun. It’s great for adding some grip tfor styling, too!

Trader Joe’s Head to Toe Moisturizing Balm- I know I’ve mentioned this one before, but I love it so much I had to give it another shout out. I use it on my hands, on my nose if I’ve had a cold, my feet before running, and this morning I ran a little bit through my hair since the humidity was making it a mess.

Quai Memory Mist-  This is a heat protector and also helps to maintain your style (but isn’t a hairspray, which I know sounds sort of strange). Basically, I spray it on before I curl or flatiron my hair and it helps preserve the shape so that the next day I can basically brush and be done (I do use some hairspray, too, though, if I curl it). It also smells great.

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask- I have really dry skin that has also been really dull lately, since I haven’t been sleeping well and have been under a lot of stress. I have only used it once now, but I can already see a difference in the hydration and brightness of my skin. I plan on using it two or three times a week (it’s only $25 and the tub is huge!).

TonyMoly Masks- I read about these recently and I was skeptical because they're less than $4 at Ulta, but I love them! Sheet masks aren't for everyone, since they're messy and since these are so cheap they're a little flimsy and cut poorly. But the serum really works to brighten and moisturize (hint: don't rinse the leftover product off; let it soak in).

SheaMoisture Manuka Oil and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque- I have crazy dry hair that's colored/highlighted every few months and is abused several times a week with heat. I've noticed lately that my curls and waves weren't holding and decided it might because of the dryness, so I picked up a single use packet of this and after one use my hair was completely different. I even had students notice the next day that it looked better. This one is a few bucks per packet or I think $15 for a tub. I only plan on using it once a week, since it is pretty heavy, but I'm so glad I found it. 

Boo Products for kids- I have a huge phobia of lice, so now that Sawyer is around a whole class of little kids everyday I’ve been washing his hair with their shampoo and spraying his hair with the spray after I style it in the morning. It’s natural, so I don’t feel bad, and if it helps then thank you baby jesus.


2 comments:

  1. I'm try to take really good care of my skin so I can wear less makeup. I need to try that lightening serum ASAP!

    I am also a huge fan of not washing my hair... I mean of Dry Shampoo. I LOVE Dove's line of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man my skin is dry dry dry couple that with the frigid winters we get and I may as well coat myself in aquifor. Last year I got super nerdy with my skin care and took a deep dive into the korean ten step process. It changed my life! No lie. I love doing my skincare before bed because its my 'me' time. I think adding a moisturizing serum could really help. I love first aid beauty ultra repair serum. Its a light weight gel that packs a serious punch. Plus its affordable!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS